Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week Two readings

My boyfriend saw me reading my textbook while I was reading chapters five and six. I got a little perspective from him I did not like. When it comes to sportscasters, I feel like my boyfriend agress with what Sally Jenkins said. "Sports remains a bunch of boys observing what a bunch of boys do together." I think he agrees with Sally because he watches football to watch football and does not think women should be included in the 'game', which includes female sportscasters.

He thinks women cannot report sports and do not follow it like men do. I love sports and yes, am not into them as much as he is but I feel like if I wanted to be, I could follow teams as much as he does.

Women reporters choosing to report on sports should be given the same amount of respect as men as long as they can report just as well as the men can. They shouldn't have to be attractive and pose in provocative ways to gain popularity.

But as sad as it is, that is what men want to see. Sexy women.

No comments: